Protect your personal information when banking onlineOctober 28, 2019 in Smart Money Habits
Laptops, tablets, and smart phones provide the convenience of accessing the internet right in the palm of the hand. One of the major benefits of this technology allows banking on the go, including: checking balances, transferring funds, paying bills and making mobile deposits. Bank OZK uses the latest industry technology and has substantial security measures in place to protect your personal information and accounts, but there are many things you can do to protect yourself when banking online, including these easy steps:
- Use caution when accessing financial and confidential website while on public Wi-Fi networks.
- Never follow a link sent to you in an unsolicited or unfamiliar text message or email. Bank OZK will never ask for your account information or password via text message or e-mail.
- Use your device’s security features (facial recognition, PIN, etc.) to prevent someone from accessing it without permission. This layer of security might be enough to keep a thief from accessing your bank account and other personal information.
- Keep track of your device. If your device is lost or stolen, let us know. We may be able to prevent or resolve any unauthorized transactions.
- Ensure that your device’s operating system and applications stay updated to the latest version.
Learn more about Bank OZK’s privacy and security.