- Excellent Asset Quality. Our ongoing focus on asset quality showed very well in the current environment as demonstrated by our annualized net charge-off ratio for the quarter of 0.09% for both non-purchased loans (loans we originated) and total loans.
- Increasing Net Interest Income. Our net interest income for the quarter was $224.7 million, an increase of $8.1 million from the second quarter of 2020. This was our second consecutive quarter of increased net interest income.
- Strong Deposit Growth. Our commitment to our customers and communities, combined with our reputation for strength, stability and service, allowed us to achieve $564 million of deposit growth during the quarter.
- Increasing Liquidity. Our deposit growth allowed us to continue to increase our already strong on-balance sheet liquidity.
- Robust Capital. Our strong capital position continues to be among the best in the industry. At September 30, 2020, our Leverage Ratio was 13.4%, which is over 2.6 times the regulatory Leverage Ratio required to be considered “well-capitalized.” This positions us well to navigate the current economic environment and to capitalize on future opportunities.
- Excellent Efficiency Ratio. Our efficiency ratio for the quarter was 41.8%, continuing our long track record of being among the best in the industry.
George Gleason, Chairman and CEO Statement in Earnings Release
“Our strong credit culture and consistent discipline are important ingredients in our long-term success, and we believe they have positioned us well for the current economic environment and beyond. This is clearly evident in our excellent asset quality and earnings for the quarter just ended.”
Full Report and Management Comments
Bank OZK’s Earnings Release and Management Comments for the 3rd Quarter, 2020 are available here.